This is the second time in the Mike Gundy Era that OSU has been ranked No. 5 in the AP poll.
Oklahoma State has been in the top 10 each week of the 2011 season. At no time in its history has Oklahoma State been more visible in the national polls than during the Mike Gundy era.
• Heading into the bye week will mark OSU’s 14th straight as a member of the Associated Press top 25.
• Including this week, OSU has been ranked by the AP 36 times in its last 40 games, including 22 games as a member of the top 15.
• Oklahoma State began the 2009 season No. 9 in the AP balloting for its highest preseason ranking ever. OSU tied that preseason ranking in 2011. The 2009 and 2011 seasons are the only two in OSU history in which the Cowboys have made an appearance in the AP preseason top 10.
• Under Gundy, OSU is 25-10 as a member of the top 25
• Under Gundy, OSU has spent 13 weeks (including weeks in which OSU was idle) in the top 10. Prior to Gundy, OSU had spent just 25 weeks in the top 10 of the AP poll in its history. The Cowboys hold an all-time record of 21-9 when ranked in the top 10.
• Under Mike Gundy, OSU has cracked the Associated Press top 10 in four straight seasons, which had never happened at Oklahoma State.