Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mike Gundy Wants To Be A Cowboy For Life


STILLWATER, Okla. -- Mike Gundy has elevated Oklahoma State's program to its highest point ever and he doesn't plan on leaving anytime soon.

Gundy, who has led the Cowboys to the No. 2 ranking for the first time, said Monday that he hopes to coach at his alma mater until he retires.

"I would prefer to be here for a long, long time and hopefully the powers (that) be will make that decision for me," Gundy said. "I really enjoy the people here, I enjoy the situation. We've obviously gotten to a level here that has not ever been accomplished. I don't know that anybody ... would have ever thought it could have happened."

Even him?

"I think that the honest answer to that question is probably no because I never even thought about it. I just thought that, look, here's what we need to do, here's how we need to do it," Gundy said. "We need commitment, we need this, this and this and then I don't think I ever thought about could we win the whole thing or could we get ranked that high?"

Gundy Has Led Oklahoma State to No. 2 in the National Rankings

No comments:

Post a Comment